IT IS TIME!
Thanks for registering for our summer program. Attached you will see your team, time and date for the next three weeks on the Team Assignment attachment. *please note there are multiple tabs for each age group. If you don't see you players name please let me know ASAP!
Please read the information with your player carefully.
IMPORTANT: The covid screening questions need to be done before every practice. In the Return to play document there is a QR code that you scan with your camera and it will take you to the form.
Here are some answers to the questions we have received over the following days
The next three weeks will be the same date and time with 10 kids per group. Your group may have fewer than 10 players, as we had to balance the numbers in that cohort to create even numbers per group. With that said, it was extremely difficult to make these groups work, as we had to take into consideration many factors.
You will require a stick, helmet, and gloves for this three-week period, as it will be skills and drills with minimal contact. Consider these three weeks a mini-training camp for preparation in Phase 2 (beginning July 5) when we can begin games and scrimmages. There is a possibility that you will change teams (including day and time) when that occurs and may require more equipment.
The game format for Phase 2 will be house league and range from 3X3 to 7X7 depending upon the number of players per cohort. It is a lacrosse program, with elements of both field and box, and we will keep you informed whenever the OLA provides more information with respect to field and box. According to the latest OLA return to play guidelines, there is a possibility of playing other centers based upon provincial health metrics, but there has been nothing definitive yet.
Thanks for becoming a Hawk. It is a great experience with a rich tradition of successful players and coaches.
If you have any questions please reach out to myself Keri, Gus or Clayton
Eat, Sleep, Play Lacrosse!
WE ARE BACK!
June 14th @ Conroy Park
All levels are welcome ages 3 and up
U9 - $100
U11- U17 - $150
*credits do not apply to modified programming. We will send out payment options prior to June 14th.
*Training in small groups of 10 - Shake off the cobwebs
*games play in stage 2 (date TBA)
Get Registered TODAY to get your team assignments before June 12th
Must be registered to play!
Watch for more information to come
Any questions contact email@example.com
EAT, SLEEP, PLAY LACROSSE!
Hello Hawks families!
We are finally getting steps closer to plating lacrosse! If you are as excited as we are to get back playing and training with the Hawks then pre-register today to reserve your spot. There will be no fees collected to fill out this form.
Both box and field lacrosse will be run throughout the week.
Pre-Registration now OPEN for Box & Field lacrosse
Please fill out the pre-registration google form to hold your spot
*Space is limited due to Covid-19 protocols
If you have any questions please reach out
Hawks Update: March 11th
The Hawks would have been taking flight very soon if this were a normal season, but it is not! We are committed as your executive to getting sticks back in your hands. We know there remains many variables because of covid-19 pandemic.
The OLA has just released their “Return to Action” guidelines for the 2021 season. I would like everyone to know that your organization is working hard on a plan to offer the best possible lacrosse programs in Box and Field for 2021, while following all health & safety measures to keep our members safe. We cannot be 100% on what the season will look like at this point. What we do know is things can change quickly during the pandemic and we are ready to adapt to whatever that might be.
We are continuing to discuss/plan different ways of returning to play, not only in our organization but possibly in our zone too. We are looking at a competitive house league program with game play and some travel for both box and field for the 2021 season. We do not have a definitive date as to when programming will start. Registration will be coming soon in April.
Please note that we will need a lot of extra volunteers to make this season possible.
We will update everyone in the coming weeks. Rest assured we are working hard to get the Hawks back on the floor playing the game we all love.
Thank you for all your support and patience.
“Be a Hawk”
We are looking for willing people to fill the following important positions. Please know that we have current members who have filled these positions over the past years and will guide any new members over the season. We have seen a lot of growth in our sport and all the help we can get is appreciated! We have meetings once a month with a few extra hours needed during the lacrosse season.
We are looking for volunteers to fill the following positions! we currently have the following positions vacant: Registrar, Treasurer, Director of Tournaments, & Referee in Chief. All positions are open for applications and we will review at our next Executive meeting on October 21st. Information on each role is listed below and we would be happy to answer any questions you may have about joining us - please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here to apply:
(Endorsements can be anyone from our Membership)
The Treasurer shall:
1) be responsible for all the financial accounting of the HDMLA,
2) sign all financial documents of the HDMLA,
3) be responsible for the budget,
4) be responsible for providing a detailed financial statement minimum of every 30 days as well as at each and every monthly executive meeting. If unable to attend meeting, detailed statement is to be provided to President for meeting.
5) Co-ordinate with Program Directors for collection of outstanding payments from player/members
The Registrar shall:
1) be responsible for organizing and completing the registration of all players, board members and bench personnel
2) maintain records for reference of their payment to take part
3) maintain all personal information required of each player
4) submit database to OLA of all registrants of HDML
5) provide updated list to Director of Box of specific division numbers (and names if asked) within 48 hours of most recent registration
6) provide current member emails to the Program Director for purpose of adding to website for purpose of communication
Director - Tournaments
The Director - Tournaments shall:
1) be responsible for all aspects of Tournament administration for HDMLA.
2) be responsible for informing Director of Scheduling on any changes for HDMLA Tournament floor time required or cancelled.
3) be responsible for informing Referee-in-chief on any changes for HDMLA Tournament floor time required or cancelled.
4) be responsible for all required paperwork to be forwarded to OLA within the specified time period.
5) be responsible for all required fines/fees be forwarded to OLA within the specified time period.
6) co-ordinate with the Director-Fundraising and Director of Rep Box on the tournament for information purposes.
Referee in Chief /Referee Assignor
The Referee-In-Chief shall:
1) Assign timekeepers for all games
2) Ensure that all home games have referees
3) Be responsible for officials and courses and on-going instruction, education and upgrading of officials, in the case of only having a Referee Assigner, then this will fall to the Zone RIC
4) Have all games assigned to referees for the season one week prior to the season start and submit to the Director of Rep Box with the contact/phone numbers of the referees assigned.
Return to play is here. HDMLA is offering a four-week program to sharpen your skills starting Monday August 10th.
August 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st Extended to include Sept 14th & 21th
7:30-8:30 – Open for new players
$30 (no cash payments)
online only (there will be NO walk ins allowed). Registrations must be in by the Saturday prior to be able to attend on the Monday session immediately after. We need time to organize groups.
*Previously registered players use program 2020 RTA - Refunded/Cancelled, new players use 2020 RTA - New Members
Our RTS plan will be sent out to all members to review
*Program is subject to change or be cancelled due to player participation
If you have any questions please email Keri Black @ email@example.com for more information on how to register
Huntsville Minor Lacrosse
Update as of June 12,2020
We held out hope, but with great sadness we must post the cancellation of the 2020 box season. We want to thank our families, players, and sponsors for your patience through this pandemic.
As a club, we are all disappointed but hold out hope that we can provide some sort of training or field development program through the late summer months when it is safe to do so. The OLA is working on a return to play plan for the next lacrosse opportunity in which we can all safely participate.
With the cancellation of our box program, we will be offering refunds or 2021 credits to you. If you would like a credit for the 2021 season please notify Keri Black firstname.lastname@example.org (treasurer). If your mailing address may have changed please let us know. Cheques will be mailed to the addresses on your Sportzsoft accounts (registration site). Please be patient as this process will take some time.
We hope all our Hawks families are staying safe and healthy.
Keep your sticks in your hands we will be back!
From the executive of HDMLA
Bruce Codd of the OLA will be visiting 4 local schools starting on March 9th!! He will be teaching kids to play lacrosse as part of their gym class. We encourage the kids to wear their Hawks shirts and take their stick to school this week.
Hey Hawks families - we are excited to announce some new coaching selections:
Novice 1 - Jon Quinlan
Peewee 2 - Adam Renton
U13 - Frank Horvat
HDMLA would like to thank them for volunteering!
Paperweight - Open
Tyke Andrew Pegg
U9 Andrew Pegg
Novice Minor Mike French
Novice Major - Open
U11 Jon Quinlan
Peewee 1- Gus Liadis
Peewee 2 - Open
Bantam - Chad Pare-Coach
U15-Steve Perentesis - Coach
Midget - Open
U17 - Open
*Anyone interested in Open coaching positions please reach out with an email message to email@example.com by January 31st.
Lacrosse has been a central element of Indigenous cultures for centuries, but once non-Indigenous players entered the sport, it became a site of appropriation – then reclamation – of Indigenous identities. The Creator's Game focuses on the history of lacrosse in Indigenous communities from the 1860s to the 1990s, exploring Indigenous–non-Indigenous relations and Indigenous identity formation. While the game was being appropriated in the process of constructing a new identity for the nation-state of Canada, it was also being used by Indigenous peoples to resist residential school experiences, initiate pan-Indigenous political mobilization, and articulate Indigenous sovereignty. This engaging and innovative book provides a unique view of Indigenous self-determination and nationhood in the face of settler-colonialism.
The Objectives of the HDMLA are:
1) to promote, develop and govern minor lacrosse within the HDMLA Boundaries
2) promote the interest and participation in the sport of lacrosse
3) arrange tournaments and competitions and establish prizes, grants and awards
4) promote the principles of good sportsmanship
5) promote and enhance instructions, displays and exhibits of lacrosse skills