OCTOBER 18TH, 2021 - 7PM
We are looking for volunteers to fill the following positions! we currently have the following positions vacant: Registrar, Treasurer, Referee in Chief, Director of Communications and Media & Director of Fundraising. All positions are open for applications at the AGM. Information on each role is listed below and we would be happy to answer any questions you may have about joining us - please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here to apply:
(Endorsements can be anyone from our Membership)
The Treasurer shall:
1) be responsible for all the financial accounting of the HDMLA,
2) sign all financial documents of the HDMLA,
3) be responsible for the budget,
4) be responsible for providing a detailed financial statement minimum of every 30 days as well as at each and every monthly executive meeting. If unable to attend meeting, detailed statement is to be provided to President for meeting.
5) Co-ordinate with Program Directors for collection of outstanding payments from player/members
The Registrar shall:
1) be responsible for organizing and completing the registration of all players, board members and bench personnel
2) maintain records for reference of their payment to take part
3) maintain all personal information required of each player
4) submit database to OLA of all registrants of HDML
5) provide updated list to Director of Box of specific division numbers (and names if asked) within 48 hours of most recent registration
6) provide current member emails to the Program Director for purpose of adding to website for purpose of communication
Director – Media & Communications
The Director – Media & Communications shall:
1) be responsible for regular press releases via current electronic technology
2) Co-ordinate all areas of publicity, advertising and public relations of the HDMLA,
3) Develop and institute a promotional campaign to develop increased awareness of minor lacrosse,
4) work closely with all Board Members to publicize and promote all future and ongoing programs of the HDMLA.
5) be responsible for the content and management of the HDMLA Internet Web Page
Director - Fundraising & Sponsorship
The Director - Fundraising shall:
1) recommend to the executive an activity or activities for fund raising purposes.
2) be responsible for paperwork and reports required by the Town of Huntsville for all raffles and lotteries.
3) keep a full accurate account of receipts and disbursements.
4) co-ordinate the teams in their fundraising efforts for their home tournament.
5) be responsible for all aspects of sponsorship, including solicitation of Development and Rep Team Sponsors, as well as Tournament sponsors.
6) 2) distribute Appreciation Pictures/Plaques to all HDMLA sponsors.
Referee in Chief /Referee Assignor (Non-Board Member)
The Referee-In-Chief shall:
1) Assign timekeepers for all games
2) Ensure that all home games have referees
3) Be responsible for officials and courses and on-going instruction, education and upgrading of officials, in the case of only having a Referee Assigner, then this will fall to the Zone RIC
4) Have all games assigned to referees for the season one week prior to the season start and submit to the Director of Rep Box with the contact/phone numbers of the referees assigned.
OMFLL has announced that there will be a regular season with Provincials
All games will be played in Brampton
It is scheduled to start on September 4th and end on October 2-3rd.
The price will be $200 per player
Each team U9-U17 will have one practice and 2 games a week.
We need to declare teams by August 17th.
Please respond back to me -Keri if you are interested in playing NO later than August 13th.
We will send out communication on Monday August 16th if we can roster teams.
If we cannot then you can choose to play in the next closest centre.
See you on the field
IT IS TIME!
Thanks for registering for our summer program. Attached you will see your team, time and date for the next three weeks on the Team Assignment attachment. *please note there are multiple tabs for each age group. If you don't see you players name please let me know ASAP!
Please read the information with your player carefully.
IMPORTANT: The covid screening questions need to be done before every practice. In the Return to play document there is a QR code that you scan with your camera and it will take you to the form.
Here are some answers to the questions we have received over the following days
The next three weeks will be the same date and time with 10 kids per group. Your group may have fewer than 10 players, as we had to balance the numbers in that cohort to create even numbers per group. With that said, it was extremely difficult to make these groups work, as we had to take into consideration many factors.
You will require a stick, helmet, and gloves for this three-week period, as it will be skills and drills with minimal contact. Consider these three weeks a mini-training camp for preparation in Phase 2 (beginning July 5) when we can begin games and scrimmages. There is a possibility that you will change teams (including day and time) when that occurs and may require more equipment.
The game format for Phase 2 will be house league and range from 3X3 to 7X7 depending upon the number of players per cohort. It is a lacrosse program, with elements of both field and box, and we will keep you informed whenever the OLA provides more information with respect to field and box. According to the latest OLA return to play guidelines, there is a possibility of playing other centers based upon provincial health metrics, but there has been nothing definitive yet.
Thanks for becoming a Hawk. It is a great experience with a rich tradition of successful players and coaches.
If you have any questions please reach out to myself Keri, Gus or Clayton
Eat, Sleep, Play Lacrosse!
WE ARE BACK!
June 14th @ Conroy Park
All levels are welcome ages 3 and up
U9 - $100
U11- U17 - $150
*Training in small groups of 10 - Shake off the cobwebs
*games play in stage 2 (date TBA)
Get Registered TODAY to get your team assignments before June 12th
Must be registered to play!
Watch for more information to come
Any questions contact email@example.com
EAT, SLEEP, PLAY LACROSSE!
Hawks Update: March 11th
The Hawks would have been taking flight very soon if this were a normal season, but it is not! We are committed as your executive to getting sticks back in your hands. We know there remains many variables because of covid-19 pandemic.
The OLA has just released their “Return to Action” guidelines for the 2021 season. I would like everyone to know that your organization is working hard on a plan to offer the best possible lacrosse programs in Box and Field for 2021, while following all health & safety measures to keep our members safe. We cannot be 100% on what the season will look like at this point. What we do know is things can change quickly during the pandemic and we are ready to adapt to whatever that might be.
We are continuing to discuss/plan different ways of returning to play, not only in our organization but possibly in our zone too. We are looking at a competitive house league program with game play and some travel for both box and field for the 2021 season. We do not have a definitive date as to when programming will start. Registration will be coming soon in April.
Please note that we will need a lot of extra volunteers to make this season possible.
We will update everyone in the coming weeks. Rest assured we are working hard to get the Hawks back on the floor playing the game we all love.
Thank you for all your support and patience.
“Be a Hawk”
Huntsville Minor Lacrosse
Update as of June 12,2020
We held out hope, but with great sadness we must post the cancellation of the 2020 box season. We want to thank our families, players, and sponsors for your patience through this pandemic.
As a club, we are all disappointed but hold out hope that we can provide some sort of training or field development program through the late summer months when it is safe to do so. The OLA is working on a return to play plan for the next lacrosse opportunity in which we can all safely participate.
With the cancellation of our box program, we will be offering refunds or 2021 credits to you. If you would like a credit for the 2021 season please notify Keri Black firstname.lastname@example.org (treasurer). If your mailing address may have changed please let us know. Cheques will be mailed to the addresses on your Sportzsoft accounts (registration site). Please be patient as this process will take some time.
We hope all our Hawks families are staying safe and healthy.
Keep your sticks in your hands we will be back!
From the executive of HDMLA
Bruce Codd of the OLA will be visiting 4 local schools starting on March 9th!! He will be teaching kids to play lacrosse as part of their gym class. We encourage the kids to wear their Hawks shirts and take their stick to school this week.
Lacrosse has been a central element of Indigenous cultures for centuries, but once non-Indigenous players entered the sport, it became a site of appropriation – then reclamation – of Indigenous identities. The Creator's Game focuses on the history of lacrosse in Indigenous communities from the 1860s to the 1990s, exploring Indigenous–non-Indigenous relations and Indigenous identity formation. While the game was being appropriated in the process of constructing a new identity for the nation-state of Canada, it was also being used by Indigenous peoples to resist residential school experiences, initiate pan-Indigenous political mobilization, and articulate Indigenous sovereignty. This engaging and innovative book provides a unique view of Indigenous self-determination and nationhood in the face of settler-colonialism.
The Objectives of the HDMLA are:
1) to promote, develop and govern minor lacrosse within the HDMLA Boundaries
2) promote the interest and participation in the sport of lacrosse
3) arrange tournaments and competitions and establish prizes, grants and awards
4) promote the principles of good sportsmanship
5) promote and enhance instructions, displays and exhibits of lacrosse skills